Sunday, September 1, 2013

The seeds of doubt

       You dont go from using your favourite full frame DSLR with all of your nice lenses to something completely different out of the blue, so this is how it happened for me...

Picture: NikonRumours.com


       Through the years I've done a lot of wedding, fashion, commercial photography, but my true love has always been travel photography (landscapes & architecture). And this is where I've been feeling the strain of carrying a 12 kg backpack and a 4 kg tripod on long trips around Europe and the rest of the World.
       This year my travels took me to Switzerland and after the first few days I found myself in the strange situation of having a Nikon D700 with my trusty Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR; 24-70mm f/2.8; 80-200mm f/2.8 lenses in my backpack and actually reaching for my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone when i saw something interesting that caught my eye. I always thought of it as the neccessary evil, if you want nice zoom lenses and a good camera you have to carry the weight, thats it..end of story! And for the last two years I never went to a camera store or looked for the newest gear online, why would I? I thought I had all the gear that I will ever need. Something was not quite right though, for the mere thought of taking pictures with my smartphone instead of my camera to occur, and after the next day of long walks in the heat with all my gear I decided to look online and see what's going on with the camera world....

Picture: by the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment